Real World Peru
The workshop group will gather in Lima, Peru, and fly the next morning to Cusco, where we meet up with our private transportation to the Sacred Valley. With a limit of 8-10 participants, we'll be able to move as a smaller group, easily blending into the local agricultural markets and neighborhoods, observing the Real World Peru. The workshop price is $4600.
• Eight nights in superior hotels*
• Various location fees and shooting opportunities
• Ground transportation in Peru (including bus tickets from Aquas Calientes—Machu Picchu and return)
• Meals as mentioned in the hotel listings*
• Cusco tourist taxes (also known as "BTCs")
• Privately guided touring of the Pisa ruins
• Privately guided touring in Chinchero, the market and textiles cooperative
• Privately guided touring in the Sacred Valley, including visits to Moray, Maras, and Ollantaytambo
• Privately guided touring in Machu Picchu on April 24-25
• National Park tickets on April 24-25
• Daily workshop instruction during classtime or photo outings
• Assistance from local Peruvian guides
• Vistadome train tickets (Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-return)
• Privately guided touring in Cusco area
• Airfares and related taxes or fees (to Lima and second flight from Lima to Cusco (second day)
• Meals or beverages not mentioned in the itinerary, including meals for which reservations have been made
• Gratuities for guides, drivers, and hotel staff
• Personal expenses, services, or purchases
• Optional tours, activities or excursions (e.g. suggested alternative tours)
• Travel/cancellation Insurance (available from your travel agent)
*Hotels for our trip (Availability subject to change until booked)
Photography Group Leaders
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Hold your spot with a $1000 deposit with the balance due Feb 12. If you need to cancel before Feb 12, $500 will be refunded. Because of advanced planning, if the cancellation is within 60 days before the workshop start, we will not be able to refund any of the workshop fee.
Rooms are based on double occupancy and all have private baths. Single occupancy is available for a one time additional cost of $500. Both ground floor and scenic upper floor rooms will be reserved depending on availability. Early registration is encouraged for those requesting the limited ground floor rooms.
Real World Peru Workshop, April 20-28, 2018
A nine day photographic trip to South America including the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the markets, villages and people of Peru - Photography Group Leaders are Dan and Jill Burkholder and Harry Sandler. Deposit is $1000 (total price is $4600).
Making Fotos, Friends and Memories....