Fine Art Printing in an Alternative Universe, Dan's Studio in Palenville NY
Sept. 10-11, 2016 - In this workshop you’ll dive headfirst into the magical world of translucent paper, hand-applied gold leaf, palladium leaf, and gesso, all combined with archival inkjet printing. Included in the price is an $85 materials fee. You'll be able to make 6-10 prints during this two day workshop.
Sept 10-11, 2016
8 students, $475 + $85 materials fee
You gotta love how photography constantly morphs, presenting new ways to combine materials and methods! This workshop gives your images a fresh look combining inkjet printing with translucent paper, hand-applied gold leaf, palladium leaf, and gesso. Come to Dan's own studio in Palenville, New York, only 2 hours north of New York City. At the base of the Catskills, you'll be in another world filled with natural beauty and a peaceful setting where you can concentrate on taking your photography to a ...well, to an alternative universe of creativity!
- Explore the beauty and intrigue of translucent papers.
- Discover enticing ways to blend gold, palladium and other metals.
- Experience the joy of hand-applied gesso, making your highlights glow.
- Brushing, grinding, and rubbing will become your new best friends.
- Grasp easy but powerful Photoshop skills to fine-tune your images.
- Learn how to identify image problems before you hit Print. Dan’s “diagnose and treat” approach will save you time, paper and disappointment, as you learn how to make prints you’ll be proud to display, share and sell.