Inkjet Printing in an Alternative Universe: Imaginative Explorations with Vellum, Precious Metals, Gesso and More, Oct 20-21, 2018 FULL
Oct 20-21, 2018 - In Dan's studio in the Catskills, you’ll dive headfirst into the magical world of translucent paper, hand-applied gold leaf, palladium leaf, and gesso, all combined with archival inkjet printing. Included in the price is an $85 materials fee for your precious metals. You'll be able to make 6-10 prints during this two day workshop. Pay the full registration (click here) or a $280 deposit (payment due 30 days prior to the workshop). SORRY BUT THE WORKSHOP IS FULL.
- Explore the beauty and intrigue of translucent papers.
- Discover enticing ways to blend gold, palladium and other metals.
- Experience the joy of hand-applied gesso, making your highlights glow.
- Brushing, grinding, and rubbing will become your new best friends.
- Grasp easy but powerful Photoshop skills to fine-tune your images.
- Learn how to identify image problems before you hit Print. Dan’s “diagnose and treat” approach will save you time, paper and disappointment, as you learn how to make prints you’ll be proud to display, share and sell.
This workshop lets you bask in the hand-applied world of voluptuous papers, magical precious metals, archival varnish and opaque gesso to create lasting works of art.
*A lab fee of $85 is included to cover the papers, precious metals and other neat stuff used in this printing-intensive workshop.