Jill's Creative Photography Using Cold Wax Medium ONLINE - Oct 3 & 10
Oct 3 & 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pm ET
Jill Skupin Burkholder teaches two 2-hr. online sessions — If you love expressive photography that blurs the line between classic painting and contemporary photography, this class is for you. Beginning with a digital photographic image on paper, you will apply color and texture using oil paint and cold wax, a commercially available wax medium that requires no heat as with traditional encaustic methods. No prior painting experience is needed. You will receive a Materials Kit with most of the supplies you'll need for the class and information (with links) about a few other items to buy. Work along with Jill online using Zoom to learn some new creative approaches for your photography. Limited to 12 participants.
Jill Skupin Burkholder's
Creative Photography Using Cold Wax Medium
Oct 3 & 10, 2022
6:00-8:00 pm ET
- Discover how to set up your cold wax work area using a tabletop and wax paper palette for mixing paint.
- Explore adding color and texture using bowl scrapers and brushes.
- Let your imagination infuse your images with intrigue and artistic vision.
Cost - $275 (includes two 2-hr. online Zoom sessions and a materials kit)
A minimum 5 students, maximum 12 students
Getting Ready for Our Two Online Sessions
- A Materials Kit - Registered and paid participants receive a materials kit sent directly from Jill.
- Buy a few more things - Three additional items should be purchased separately: the cold wax medium, a selection of oil paints and some odorless mineral spirits. Jill will send links for these and some optional items for even more creative options.
Students will receive a Cold Wax kit but will also need to purchase three additional items: a small amount of cold wax medium, a selection of at least three oil paints and some odorless mineral spirits (approximately $40 cost in addition to the $275 registration). Please wait until you hear from Jill before you make your purchases.