Mastering Masking: Photoshop for Fine Art - Dec 2
Dec 2, 4-7 pm
A 2-hr online Small Group session for 2-5 people. Explore one of creative photography’s most treasured tools: masking. From masking basics to brilliant selection techniques, you'll get control over any part of your photograph through Quick Mask, Luminosity Masks, Blending Modes and more. Scroll down for the specific details of this class.
One of Dan's most popular online training options is the Small Group Session in which 2-5 participants interact with questions, screen sharing and conversation with Dan and each other using Zoom to connect. An efficient and affordable for those who enjoy group learning. Ask questions and get the individual attention that's missing in a Webinar. Class time is listed in the Eastern Time zone out of Dan's studio in Palenville, New York.
You will receive confirmation by email with information on how to sign into Dan's virtual classroom.
Photoshop for Fine Art Photographers, Mastering Masking
- Discover which areas of an image benefit from the types of changes that masking makes easy.
- From masking basics to intermediate masking tasks, you’ll grasp one of Photoshop’s most valued techniques to control specific areas of your images.
- Learn how Dan’s “Make a selection; then do something to it” system opens your eyes to the ease and power of masking.
- Discover new selection techniques to use when masks aren’t the best choice.
- Dan demystifies Quick Mask Mode, giving you quick and easy control of color, contrast, sharpness and intrigue in any part of your photo. You’ll ask yourself how you ever lived without Quick Mask!
- Understand Luminosity Masks taught by a working artist who never uses geek-speak.
- Master Blending Modes once and for all (hint: you don’t need to know them all).
You’ll complete this online session with an exciting new familiarity with masking methods that put you in control of your image editing steps. Dan thrives on your questions during this small class so don’t hesitate to ask about anything!
Participants are encouraged to work on Dan’s demo images using their own version of Photoshop. A video of the entire session will be provided afterwards so you can review any part of the session that wasn’t perfectly clear.
Note: if you are a commercial photographer interested in masking fly-away hair in portraits or substituting different backgrounds in fashion images, this probably isn’t the workshop for you. Sorry.