Jill's Creative Photography Using Cold Wax Medium ONLINE - Feb 23 & Mar 2
Feb 23 & Mar 2, 6:00 - 8:00 pm ET
Jill Skupin Burkholder teaches two 2-hr. online sessions — If you love expressive photography that blurs the line between classic painting and contemporary photography, this class is for you. Beginning with a digital photographic image on paper, you will apply color and texture using oil paint and cold wax, a commercially available wax medium that requires no heat as with traditional encaustic methods. No prior painting experience is needed. You will receive a Materials Kit with most of the supplies you'll need for the class and information (with links) about a few other items to buy. Work along with Jill online using Zoom to learn some new creative approaches for your photography. Limited to 5 to 12 participants.
Jill Skupin Burkholder's
Creative Photography Using Cold Wax Medium
Feb 23 & Mar 2, 2023
6:00-8:00 pm ET
- Discover how to set up your cold wax work area using a tabletop and wax paper palette for mixing paint.
- Explore adding color and texture using bowl scrapers and brushes.
- Let your imagination infuse your images with intrigue and artistic vision.
Cost - $275 (includes two 2-hr. online Zoom sessions and a materials kit)
A minimum 5 students, maximum 12 students
Getting Ready for Our Two Online Sessions
- A Materials Kit - Registered and paid participants receive a materials kit sent directly from Jill.
- Buy a few more things - Three additional items should be purchased separately: the cold wax medium, a selection of oil paints and some odorless mineral spirits. Jill will send links for these and some optional items for even more creative options.
Students will receive a Cold Wax kit but will also need to purchase three additional items: a small amount of cold wax medium, a selection of at least three oil paints and some odorless mineral spirits (approximately $40 cost in addition to the $275 registration). Please wait until you hear from Jill before you make your purchases.