Intro to Gilding Inkjet Prints with Vellum & Precious Metals ONLINE
FEB 16 & FEB 23 - Dive headfirst into the magical world of translucent paper and hand-applied gold leaf ONLINE. After you register, you will receive a Gilding Kit from Dan containing what you'll need for both 2-hour online sessions through Zoom. You will also need to purchase a can of spray varnish (that cannot be shipped from Dan). Complete information will be sent on how to prepare for these hands on sessions including printing your images on the vellum in your kit. Learn the basics on how to make your archival inkjet prints glow! Class is limited to 10 participants. Registration includes 1 Gilding Kit and two 2-hr. online sessions with Dan as your guide.
Two, 2-hour Online Class Sessions
Feb 16 & Feb 23, 2021
1:00 - 3:00 pm ET
- Explore the beauty and intrigue of translucent vellum paper.
- Discover tantalizing ways to apply imitation gold, and 24K gold leaf to your prints.
- Watch Dan demonstrate hand-applied gesso, a technique that gives your prints an enchanting luminosity.
Cost - $200 (includes two 2-hr. online Zoom sessions and a Gilding Kit)
A minimum 5 students, maximum 10 students
Getting Ready for Our Two Online Sessions
- A Materials Kit - After you register and pay, you will receive a Gilding Kit that includes archival vellum, size, brushes, artist tape, imitation gold and 24K gold leaf.
- Buy a can of archival acrylic spray - One can of Krylon acrylic spray should be purchased (an Amazon link will be provided) for about $9.
- Choose and print your prints before class - For those with an Epson or Canon printer, a helpful PDF will help you select images for gilding and also assist in printing on the vellum with an archival inkjet printer. Two or three prints per class session should be all you need. (Dan will be happy to assist you in your image selection via email.) If you do not have a printer, call us and we'll discuss some options.
- Spray your vellum prints with the Krylon acrylic - Before the first class, you will spray your vellum images so that they will be dry and ready for gilding. You will receive videos showing how easy this coating is to apply. Spray outdoors or in a well ventilated room.
A “Getting Ready for Class” letter with more details on class preparation will be sent to registered participants before class.