Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit with Inkjet Vellum
Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit—If you’re a smorgasbord fan, you’ll be thrilled with this kit that includes — count them — seven different metals (plus gesso!) to give your prints on vellum a look like no other process can. Everything you need is included with this Experimenter’s Photo Gilding Kit!
All metal leaf in this kit is patent (lightly adhered to a tissue transfer sheet) so it’s much easier to apply than loose metal leaf. . A helpful Instruction Guide is provided (a downloadable pdf) with accompanying videos.
This kit includes inkjet vellum to be printed with an inkjet printer. If you make your prints in a darkroom using a photographic process such as cyanotype, VanDyke or platinum, there is a different Experimenter's Kit that contains darkroom vellum.
The Experimenter's Kit contains sheets of 24K gold, white gold, moon gold, real silver, imitation gold leaf, imitation silver leaf and real copper leaf plus everything you need to make your inkjet prints glow. Including using gesso on a print, that means you can create prints eight different ways!
The Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit
Continuing with this emphasis on creative playfulness and education, Dan now offers a new way to enter the enchanting world of gilded prints on translucent vellum. Instead of digging through Amazon and the web, you can now purchase pre-organized kits that provide all the parts of the gilding puzzle in one, convenient box.
Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit --With a wider assortment of 7 types of metal leaf (including four precious metals and alloys), you’ll be free to explore which treatments work best with your images.
Included in the Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit:
- Helpful, Illustrated Instruction Guide (downloadable PDF) with accompanying videos
- 25 sheets, letter-size, acid-free, vellum (either inkjet or darkroom)
- 10 sheets of 24K Gold (3.15” x 3.15”) double thick, patent (contains 20% more Gold than standard gold leaf)
- 10 sheets of White Gold (3.15” x 3.15”), a beautiful mix of Pure Gold and Pure Silver, patent
- 10 sheets of Moon Gold (3.15” x 3.15”), a stunning mix of pure Gold, Palladium and Silver, patent
- 10 sheets of Pure Silver (3.75” x 3.75”), patent
- 10 sheets of Imitation Gold (5.5” x 5.5”), patent
- 10 sheets of Imitation Silver (5.5” x 5.5”), patent
- 10 sheets of Pure Copper(5.5” x 5.5”), patent
- 8 oz. of Water Based Varnish
- 2 oz. Artist’s Gesso
- 2 oz. Gilding Size
- 1 Roll Artist Tape (60 yds.)
- 2 Bristle Brushes
- 2 Foam Brushes
- 1 Foam Paint Roller
- 3 Stirring Sticks
- 1 small funnel
- A jeweler’s box for your metals
- Masking paper strips
- Reusable containers for size, gesso and varnish
Vellum Options -- Experimenter's Photo Gilding Kit is available in two versions. If you’re printing your images using an inkjet printer, the inkjet vellum will be your choice. Photographers who are working in darkroom processes such as cyanotype printing, VanDyke or platinum printing, for example, will choose darkroom vellum for their kits.
The conditions, methods of handling and use of this product are beyond our control and may be beyond our knowledge. For this reason, we do not assume responsibility and expressly disclaim liability for loss, damage or expenses arising out of or in any way connected to the handling, storage, use or disposal of these products.