- Creative Resources and Know-How
- Making Digital Negatives with Inkjet Printers
Making Digital Negatives with Inkjet Printers
Aug 10, 12-1:15pm
This class will be repeated on Tue, Oct 11, 7-8:15pm ET.
A 1-hr+ online Small Group session for 2-7 people. Dan walks you through the Inkjet Negative Template that he uses to make inkjet negatives for his own platinum prints. Anyone working in darkroom processes like cyanotype, VanDyke or other alternative processes will enjoy watching and asking questions about this easy way to make beautiful, functional negatives. Learn from the person who innovated the digital negative in 1992. Scroll down for the specific details of this class.
One of Dan's most popular online training options is the Small Group Session in which 2-7 participants interact with questions, screen sharing and conversation with Dan and each other using Zoom to connect. An efficient and affordable for those who enjoy group learning. Ask questions and get the individual attention that's missing in a Webinar. Class time is listed in the Eastern Time zone out of Dan's studio in Palenville, New York.
You will receive confirmation by email with information on how to sign into Dan's virtual classroom.
Making Digital Negatives with your Epson or Canon Printer
- Learn how much resolution you really need for your digital negatives
- Tweaking the tonality of your original to get the best negative
- Learn how to troubleshoot when digital negatives don’t print the way you wanted
- See how easy it can be to adjust your image to perfection in Photoshop
- Learn inkjet printing tips to improve your digital negative success rate
This is your opportunity to learn the easy (but oh-so-important) steps for preparing your image for digital negative output, all from the photographer who pioneered the digital negative in 1992.
Participants are encouraged to follow-along during this 1-hour Zoom session, rather than working on their version of Photoshop. A video of the entire session will be provided afterwards so you can review any part of the session that was not perfectly clear.
Plus: participants will receive a 25% discount on Dan’s Inkjet Negative Companion download.